Smart contract Security
What is smart
A smart contract is a program that is similar to the conventional agreement, which contains business logic, is integrated into the blockchain and performs certain actions following fulfillment of the certain agreement conditions by the parties. Smart contracts are used in many industries for various purposes. Since blockchain transactions are final and the mistakenly transferred or stolen money are non-refundable, it is important to check Blockchain security and ensure that a smart contract does not contain any errors and vulnerabilities.
Static code analysis is a debugging method that is performed by examining the source code of an application before running it. Also it is a popular technique in Blockchain security. To prevent vulnerabilities, this usually involves checking the code against a pre-defined set of rules or standards.
Dynamic code analysis is a method of validating an application as it performs its data processing in its “natural” environment. The purpose of this analysis is to evaluate the business logic of your smart contract and the agreed Blockchain security properties. The source code is run with different input data, and its output is compared to the expected result.
The audit scope should be clearly defined and all documents must be accessible. This includes the business requirement document, project’s whitepaper/ yellow paper, technical specification document, smart contract code via GitHub commits, and others.
Unit tests help identify issues in the production of your code. At this stage, we use auditing tools and testnet, ensuring unit testing covers the maximum risk involved.
Our Smart Contract audit includes the following phases:
In-Depth Review of Smart Contract Code
Manual line-by-line verification of the code to make sure that the logic of each function is reliable and protected from all common attack vectors, including economic ones. This is the most important and lengthy part of the testing process.
Modeling various interactions with your smart contract on a test blockchain using a combination of automated testing tools and manual testing to determine if there are any Blockchain security vulnerabilities.
Smart Contract Audit report
Converging results and conclusions into an easy-to-read report tailored to the specific project. A Solidity audit identifies potential problems and any risks that exist for the project or its users, and recommendations are made as a result of the audit regarding the actions that need to be taken to correct them.
AS ONE OF THE LEADING BLOCKCHAIN SECURITY COMPANIES WE PROTECT THE MOST POPULAR CRYPTO PROTOCOLS
- Code Review: Verify the code for syntax errors, bugs, and security vulnerabilities.
- Contract Purpose: Make sure the contract serves its intended purpose and is aligned with business requirements.
- Access Control: Ensure that only authorized parties have access to the contract’s functions and data.
- Gas Efficiency: Verify that the contract is gas-efficient and will not run out of gas during execution.
- Reentrancy: Protect against reentrant attacks by checking for and mitigating the risk of reentrant code.
- Overflow and Underflow: Check for potential overflow and underflow issues in mathematical operations.
- Deployment: Ensure that the contract is properly deployed and can be executed as expected.
- Event Logging: Verify that important events are properly logged for later analysis and auditing.
- Testing: Thoroughly test the contract for different scenarios to validate its functionality and security.
- Smart Contract Security Assessment Methodology:
- Threat modeling: Identify potential threats and risks to the contract, such as unauthorized access, data manipulation, and theft.
- Code review: Conduct a thorough code review to verify the contract’s functionality, security, and performance.
- Testing: Perform comprehensive testing of the contract using various scenarios to validate its behavior and security.
- Penetration testing: Simulate real-world attacks on the contract to identify and assess its vulnerabilities.
- External review: Obtain an independent, expert review of the contract to validate its security and identify potential issues.
- Monitoring: Monitor the contract’s behavior and performance over time to detect and respond to potential issues.
Smart contract audit
Vulnerability assessment testing in cyber security for business: Find out where the potential threat source is located, what impact it has on security, and what types of cyber attacks could be specific to your organization.Learn more
Get a Personalized Social Engineering Plan, so your business avoids Spear phishing/ Phishing/ Malicious attachments/ using system exploits as engineering attack. Train your employees to resist hackersLearn more
All kinds of load and performance testing of your system from the CQR online security company.Learn more
Find vulnerabilities across your entire business infrastructure before hackers do! At penetration testing consulting, we will select pentest methods and other custom cybersecurity recommendations for your business.Learn more
Infrastructure Protection by CRYEYE
Security audits via CryEye provide enterprise information security, protecting the entire infrastructure.Learn more